Today we welcome the first day of 2014. A day that represents a new year, new possibilities, new opportunities. A day in which majority of the nation will set resolutions to accomplish certain goals. Because of that I figured it’ll be best to have the first post of 2014 be one that can help give you that little push you need to accomplishing these goals.
When the name P.Diddy comes up, you can’t help but associate the word “success” with his name. From having multiples hustles in both the entertainment and business industry, he’s taken
what he learned from it all and just made history by creating his own music network “Revolt”
Below is a compilation of Diddy’s Top Tips for Success that he’s mentioned multiple times. Take in every word, let it resonate and LET’S GO with achieving whatever resolution it may be that you have.
1. Work hard…then work harder. Goals come first, sleep comes second.
“The difference between me and you is I’m working while you’re sleeping! When you think you’ve done enough, keep going.”
2. Believe in yourself and never lose faith.
“Only you can make the impossible, possible so prove the world wrong, BELIEVE!“
3. BE HUMBLE
“Remember your roots and what your mother told you, she’s still right.”
4. NEVER SETTLE, take the words “good enough” out of your vocabulary.
5. Be the BEST or don’t play at all.
“I can’t say that I’ve fully achieved my dream yet. I’m just starting to evolve.”
5. DON’T GET COMFORTABLE…the minute you let your guard down, someone newer, younger, and thirstier is waiting to take your place.
6. Greatness is achieved by being consumed in your work.
7. The problems you encounter in life make you who you are. Don’t resist obstacles, embrace them instead.
“You only live once!!! Get busy!”
Don’t forget to check out our full website for all other entertainment related content: www.delilahandcompany.com
Follow us on Twitter & Instagram: @delilahandco
Drake Releases Most Important Project of His Career
Today Drake released the visual for his song, “God’s Plan”. In this video, it showcases Drake giving back to communities, schools & even families in more ways than one. Whether it was signing checks for scholarships, paying for grocery bills or just handing stacks of cash to families, the 6 God decided to use the million dollar budget given for the video to instead, give it all away.
It’s empowering to see celebrities use their platforms for good and to give back to those in need.
Drake, in case no one has told you yet – you’re doing amazing sweetie.
‘The Real’ Surprises Staff Member at Community Academy of Philadelphia
Jeannie Mai, co-host from The Real took over Philadelphia to surprise a special staff member from the Community Academy of Philadelphia Charter School. The Assistant Operations Manager, Vilma Ray (also known to everyone as grandmom Ray) has dedicated over 16 years of her life serving the children and staff at Community Academy. She’s held multiple jobs for the school, to name a few – she’s driven the bus, mowed the lawns, cleaned up after students, supervised discipline room and the federal lunch program. Regardless of whatever the job was, big or small – she’s said to have completed each task with a smile on her face.
“Momma Ray is a miracle worker” – Alberta O’Brien, High School Principal.
Everyone that comes into grandmom’s Ray life, she is known to impact them in an empowering way. When needed, she is always a ray of sunshine and the backbone for everyone. It is because of this, Jeannie Mai came to the school to surprise and honor grandmom Ray for her years of service and commitment. Grandmom Ray originally thought she was randomly selected to play their infamous “Dimestore to Deluxe” game but little did she know there was a huge surprise for her at the end. Check out the segment of #TheRealOnTheRoad Philadelphia below:
Why Being Kind is Too Much Sauce
You’re probably already aware that your smile could change someone’s day. We hear it all of the time: Smile. Be kind. Be courteous. Use manners. But would you believe it if I told you that your smile could change someone’s life?
It can. Because it’s not just the smile, it’s also what comes with it. The confidence, the happiness, the positive vibes and energy that are released into world that may translate to a silent affirmation for someone else.
Smile, because you never know who’s watching feeding off of you. It’s a small act of kindness with a big impact on both the giver and the receiver.
And when it comes to small acts of kindness, too often we underestimate the power of them.
When you do things that aren’t required of you in hopes of helping or uplifting a person you know nothing about, not only does it become infectious, but the world finds a way to bring that goodness back around to you.
When Florida State University football player, Travis Rudolph, recently ate lunch with Bo Paske, an autistic boy who sat alone in the cafeteria, he could not have fathomed the national attention that small act of his was about to garner.
Not only did he help to bring more awareness to the autistic community, but he changed the lives of both Bo and his mother, and caught the attention of the media and sports community that will only prove to be beneficial to his career.
And all of this sparked from a picture he didn’t even know was being taken.
Again, you never know who’s watching you.
The powerful possibilities that come with randomly doing something nice for people are endless and rewarding. You could simply change their day by lifting their spirits or you could change their way of thinking about both the world and others.
Not only are acts of kindness significant, but they’re really easy to practice. Here are five ways you can be kind to someone today:
- Hand write a thank you note: handwritten anything is becoming so rare that taking the time to do so in the form of a thank you note will be sure to linger in the mind of the receiver.
- Support a dream or positive venture: You see it on your Facebook or Twitter timeline all of the time. Someone asking you to “like” their new business page or fill out a brief survey for their new idea. How long does it really take to do something like this? Do it.
- Compliment someone: You never know the kind of day someone is having. Write a compliment on your waiter or cashier’s receipt. Tell your coworker how great they are at their job. Tell the person on the train next to you how much you love their hair.
- Tell someone you appreciate them: It’s so easy to go on about our days expecting to receive certain things from certain people. Whether that’s money from mom or an invitation from your friend, tell that person you appreciate them for playing a positive role in your life.
- Smile: Like Nike, just do it.
Like Us on Facebook!
BAE ALL THE WAY3 years ago
A Journey Behind the Camera into the Real World of Brittney Guzman
COMMUNITY3 years ago
Delilah & Company Merchandise
COMMUNITY3 years ago
Five Reasons Why Your Vote Matters
LATEST3 years ago
Leave the Designer Shoes, Welcome Your Next Vacation
#inspiMUSIC3 years ago
#inspiMUSICMONDAYS – Foxes
#inspiMUSIC3 years ago
S.T.R.I.V.E. Releases Powerful Song with Visuals for Youth Empowerment
#inspiNEWS3 years ago
Why Being a ‘Sister’ is Important
COMMUNITY3 years ago
Delilah & Company Begins #VibewithUs Event Series